11.04.2009

His kindness

He has been so kind to me.

everything He does, screams i love you
everything He is, says i care

what am i that You would love me like you do?
who am i that You should care?

for how weak my love is! and the moment i am overcome by an inability to continue to love Him, when i'm overwhelmed by circumstances, burdens, expectations, failures, insufficiencies, weakness, frustration, confusion, dullness, dissatisfaction, distance, all i have to do is take one glance at His face, oh that face.

and my heart melts

Abba, what are you thinking? what are you feeling?
as i begin to study His emotions for me,
He says,

beloved,
i enjoy your presence,
and i just want you to be with Me.

everything starts to make sense now.
this is where i'm supposed to be.
i was made for this.

so daily, i find myself in the sweetest embrace, with a love i could never earn, a love i had never known. and it's at this place, i'm captivated, enthralled, surrendered to His beauty.

getting lost in the gaze of His eyes
getting lost in the warmth of His smile
come and sweep me away

happy am i, to live a hungry life.
blessed am i, to thirst.
my desire for Him is a gift from within.
He has given me the gift of faith

His mercy flows from His throne like a river
He has been so kind,
to cause me to come and approach Him.
and i am blessed among men.

the power of His spirit of revelation, a glimpse of His heart for me, is beyond words. it is something that is such a gift; love encounters are such a gift from Him. a revelation of His love, an experience of His heart, an encounter with His heart, to experience a heart that has been ravished my mine, brings me to a place where nothing else matters.
it always leaves me ruined, (and in tears)...when i least expect it

recklessly abandoned.
wasted on His affections.

He loves me so much.