11.23.2015

building a history

Jesus, let the moments that i sit before you with an open heart be the building blocks of a relationship that lasts for eternity. i will get to spend the rest of eternity knowing you but let my short time here on earth not go to waste. nothing on earth lasts, everything is so meaningless apart from you. i want to be well acquainted the familiarity of your nearness, to have faith that comes as easy as breathing, and to know who you are as my dearest friend. i want you to be the first thing i consider in all that i do. i want to be as aware of your indwelling presence as i am aware of my own beating heart. what are you thinking, what are you feeling, God, i have to know. I want to be one with you, to be moved by what moves you and to know exactly just what pleases you the most. i know that when i stand before you all that i will be able to give you is a heart that has loved you well. to hear you tell me "well done good and faithful servant", and to enter into the joy of fullness of fellowship with you. though the seasons may change, let your constant faithfulness and pursuit of my heart be the anchor and plumb line that reminds me of my life's goal, to spend the rest of my days building a deep rich history with you. to laugh with you, cry with you, sit with you, discover you, search for you, wait for you, find you, gaze at you, to walk with you, sing to you, talk to you, delight in you, search for you, wrestle with you, struggle with you, cling on to you, run with you, lean into you, be with you.