10.04.2008

grapevine

i don't want to do my o-chem hw. i really should though. oh wells. so here it goes...

"remain in me and i will remain in you. no branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me."
"now remain in my love...i have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete" 
-Jesus

oh Lord, how could i forget?
mom has this verse posted in the kitchen wall, and i know its one of her favorite.
i know she has reminded me so many times to remain in your love, just to spend time each day to wait upon your love.
yet in the craziness of school, 
the hecticness of ministry,
the distractions of life
i find myself remaining in 
my worries
my struggles
my thoughts instead of your thoughts
its been so hard to remain in your love.
yet of all the times to remain in your love, no time is more important,
than right now,
to sit at your feet
drink from the cup in your hands
lay back against you and breathe
feel your heart beat.

but Lord, like always, 
you remind me daily,
how when i remain in you,
life becomes so much better
and ministry begins to bear fruit
Lord, when i remain in you, 
i no longer have to worry about tomorrow,
how to love my freshmen
how to love others
how to love you more
because Lord, you always seem to remind me
and make it happen
at just the right time

Lord, when i remain in you
you provide the very best for me 
better than what i could ever imagine
for Lord,
you are always worthy of my praise

Lord i'm amazed by you
of how you love me

Lord, remind me again why i live life.
why i do the things i do.
to love you
to glorify you
in everything i do

ministry has been so good.
Lord you have stretched me in ways like never before
grown me in ways i never thought possible
Lord, continue to
break me
mold me
change me
to become more like you
use me, as a living sacrifice
as my heart beats for onething Jesus

don't stop God.
draw me deeper into your love

so i wait, for you
so i wait, for you