7.27.2008

breakthrough

i won't settle for mediocrity
i won't settle for a lukewarm life
Jesus, you did not die a gruesome and sick death on the cross for me to have this kind of relationship
Jesus, i'd rather die than live a lukewarm life
Jesus, i'd rather die than live a life that is anything short of an intense and passionate relationship with you
Jesus, to truly know your love,
as a lovesick worshipper after God, your own heart
God i won't settle with anything else. I JUST WON'T
Jesus i won't relent until i have the same burning, PASSION that you have for me

Jesus i feel so unfaithful
so hypocritical, to cry out your name with my arms raised
God, my cries seem so empty
my relationship with you so shallow, to be,
so impatient, that when i wait upon you and do not FEEL your presence, i give up
Jesus set me on fire for you
i need FIRE

Jesus, i need breakthrough. breakthrough. in my life. at this very moment. right here. right now.

come be the fire inside of me come be the flame upon my heart
until you and i are one
Jesus, you won't relent until you have it all

MY HEART IS YOURS