7.28.2008

desperate

Jesus, im desperate for you

i'm tired of empty prayers
i'm tired of heartless worship
i'm tired of going through the daily motions
i'm tired of religion and its routines

i'm falling on my knees
offering all of me
Jesus, you're all this heart is living for

i want to feel your joy back in my heart
i want to feel your pleasure, your affection
i want to feel your presence inside of my heart
i want to know you more
i want to know you more, more than anything else, no material thing no earthly thing can satisfy my heart like the way you satisfy mine
you're the best thing
you're the one thing
you're the only thing
you're all that i want
you're all that i need
you're everything

Father God i pray that you release your pleasure upon my heart
a heart that is desperate to know your love
God, that's all that i want, that's all that need, that's all that i'm chasing after in this world,
is to know your manifest presence
to know your goodness
your grace
your beauty
your manifest,
life inside of my heart
God, make it real

-jaeson ma