2.12.2011

vision for my life

if only one thing was certain thirty, forty, fifty years from now, it would be that i would be more in love with Jesus than i am today. sure, a loving family, a fruitful ministry, and favor in finances would be great, but when i'm old, wrinkly, and grey-haired, i ask only for one thing to be certain--that i would be found loving Jesus with every fiber of my being. i look to the day when i would weep even at the mention of the name of Jesus. oh Jesus, no sweeter name. i want to be moved to tears when i open scripture, not for the sake of being emotional, but because i am so deeply in love with the Man that i encounter when i read each living word, the Man that i've grown to know so well and love over the course of the years.

it all comes down to that wedding day, the day where i stand before your judgment seat and You ask me one question: how well did you love? when it's been said and when it's all been done, when the race is run it all comes to love.

i want no regrets when i stand before you on that day. it would be the worst feeling, to enter into eternity only realize that i could've given you more. give me grace, give me strength, to love You rightly, God. let it begin today, right now.

so no reservations, no wall, 
but just an open door in my heart for You
i'm gonna give all that's inside of my heart to You.