8.19.2008

beloved

Jesus i don't know how to love you more

i don't know what it means,
to be a true worshipper who worships in spirit and in truth
i can no longer come up with any more heartfelt prayers
i don't know how to be more passionate for you,
how to be on fire for you 24/7
how to seek your face
all the days of my life
how do i wait for your presence
without being distracted with my own selfish thoughts?

Jesus, i try so hard
i try so hard to be genuine
i concentrate so hard
how to be more holy
on what to think
what to pray
on the things i can do to LOVE YOU MORE

but Jesus, i realized.
its' not about what i can do
its not about how much i can love you
not about how many more deep prayers i can squeeze out
not about how many more deep blog entries i can crank out
to show you my love
heck, what do i know about love anyways?

no amount of my humanly
broken.
divided.
imperfect.
love could ever measure up
to the
infinite.
boundless.
perfect love you have for me

Jesus, it's by your grace
you show me how to love
and all i have to do
is receive
and enjoy your love

you're telling me to stop trying
stop my obsession
with holiness
with perfection
and let you do the perfecting

Jesus you created me not as a human doing
but as a human being
all i have to do is
being loved

Jesus, i am your
beloved
all i have to do is
be. loved.