11.13.2008

peace

after Jesus died on the cross, He left us with 2 things:
His Holy Spirit.
His peace.

But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. 
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
-john 14:27

Lord, thank you for this peace
a peace that transcends all understanding
as the things of the world grow strangely dim
i am left with nothing
but your
peace

draw near Holy Spirit
and overcome the worries of this world
as i claim my worth
as your prince
bless me as your favorite son
shower your blessings over me
oh God, don't hold back
your love and what you have in store
you know the very desires of my heart
you only want the best for me

i receive it
i recieve You
come Holy Spirit
come