1.08.2009

prayer

at the beginning of the school year, i prayed for 1 thing: that i may be able to have intimacy with Jesus. i asked God to do whatever it takes to help me be obtain this intimacy, a passion for Him so relentless that it could not be held back.

be careful what you pray for, cause, well knowing God, it just might happen.

God really did whatever it took to find a way back into my heart. after a pretty funky quarter, using the most unexpected circumstances, i feel like God's finally bringing me into a place of intimacy. and now, once again, each day to sit in His presence and feel His closeness. and to enjoy it. to know nearness the nearness of his breath. to upon the beauty of the Lord. to let the light of His face shine down upon me. to fellowship with God every minute of my life, and with every breath i take, embrace a lifestyle of constant prayer, to regain a heart of praise. a type of worship not based on circumstances but on the sheer goodness, sovereignty, and splendor of our King.

and to embrace prayer like never before. beyond the 21 days of the IV commitment. to humble myself, to get on my knees and cry out to my lover, my creator, my Father. because He has been waiting for me. so i will come running to Him. to return to that quiet place once again. to know his embrace once again.

to become so desperate for God for my own intimacy, for my freshmen, for IV, for UCSD. to set the world on fire. for Jesus.

Jesus, give me dove's eyes. give me undistracted devotion, for only You. God, do not let the things of this world get in the way of my gaze for you alone.

i want to fall in love with Jesus once again.

i've challenged my freshmen with the same.

lifetime intercessor.
well, if prayer is as essential as breathing, why not?