3.15.2009

life is so beautiful

praise the Lord!
thanks for a beautiful life.
thank you Jesus for finals week.
thanks for reminding me at church today who you are. a good God. even when life is a downer with finals and other junks that accumulate in life that i can just come to you and spill it all at your feet and let go of everything and to dwell on who You are. and once again, let your peace overwhelm me beyond i can bear.

you prepare a table before me,
in the presence of my enemies.
you annoint my head with oil
and my cup it overflows.
surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life.

Jesus you remind me,
what truly makes life beautiful? Is it the blessings in your life or is it Me?
when circumstances go great, it's so easy feel great. but it seems so silly that something so small as a lamesauce finals week make life seem like a downer and i can easily lose my peace. it's so easy to praise the Lord when life is beautiful and there are things to praise God for. but so often we begin to praise Jesus only for how he has blessed us in whatever way. and we forget what we are praising and what we are thankful for. we begin praising the blessings in life and we forget to praise God because of His sovereign goodness. becuase He is lovely, beautiful, so worthy, even during finals week. it's just so hard to see cause i let my emotions, my feelings, my circumstances get in the way.

no but definitely praise the Lord for all the blessings in life. cause it is all so good.

like that one song we sing quite so often:
because of who you are i give you glory,
because of who you are i give you praise
because of who you are i will lift my voice and say
Lord, i worship you because of who you are.

Jesus i put my hope in you and not in the things of this world.
no. i will not let anything else in my life satisfy my heart
no. not grades, not friendships, not even ministry.
Jesus be my only satisfaction

oh the praise.
Jesus help me to continue to embrace praise
every moment of my life.
i will declare your goodness that every morning. every night.
that i love you for who you are.
Jesus, make that my heartbeat.