10.21.2010

look up

1If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. 3For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 4When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.
-col 3:1-4

eric, do you know who I am? 
have you forgotten who I am? 
I am your God. i hold your life in the palm of My hands.
eric, lock eyes with Me. don't look to your left, don't look to your right. likewise, don't look to what has happened, nor look at what is to come.
eric, stop looking at yourself, your worries, your struggles, your insecurities, fears, and doubts.
set your eyes upon Me.


Abba, draw me onto your knees. hold me close. let me lay your head against your heart. let me lock eyes with You, never looking elsewhere. take me to that place where i will become so consumed by your gaze that i no longer care about all that is happening around me. maybe then i will finally learn how to be silent when i'm with You.

surrendering,
trusting,
Your leadership is perfect.