10.08.2010

one thing i am sure of

He always leave me in a place of uncertainty in order for me to be more certain in Him. He always leave me in a place where i have nothing secure to hold on to, only to leave me clinging to Him. in this place, He reminds me once again that nothing else apart from Him is secure, so i will cling. that is all i know how to do right now. LORD, help me to cling ever so tightly, and never let go.

surrendering is a process.
He begins by taking away security in my own plans, only to leave me scrambling, desperate for a sense of direction found only in His perfect leadership. then it's a process of letting go, submitting to His leadership and His moment by moment whispers. it's a process of abandonment to myself entirely, and a process of giving in, to stop fighting against His ways, to submit, and to follow. it's a process to stop questioning, complaining, and wrestling against His hand at work in my life. for your left hand is under my head, and your right hand embraces me.


give me grace to trust Your name
give me strength to be steady

though many things are uncertain, one thing remains certain,
one thing i am sure of, 
that You never leave me, 
for You remain faithful to the end